There are too many electric shavers out there on the market and very few satisfy man’s needs. There are two types of men, one who chooses safety, versatility and convenience of electric shaver and those who prefer the less expensive, tried and tested types of electric shavers. Well, now you must be confused which of the shavers can be Best electric shaver for men or.. for you?
Over the period of time, one of the most common products that men shop is undoubtedly be shavers as men have been removing their facial hair for thousands of years. Men know this very well, they look charming and feel brand new when they are clean shaven. Hence, not just charming but shaving is a lifelong hygiene practice.
Certainly, as technology has advanced so much in the past few years, spending hours on shaving is now a thing of the past. The old traditional blade shaving method has always invited ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and razor burn. Additionally, on the other hand men of this era they’ve undoubtedly busy schedules.
Indeed, you don’t want to go out in the market just to buy some replacement and cartridges for refills, nor do you want to waste your time in the barber shop. So, why not choose an electric shaver which does more with less effort. Moreover, many of the best electric shavers have already replaced the traditional shaving methods.
Well now, men have a staggering amount of options when it comes to electrical shavers. Perhaps not surprisingly, it is hard to identify which brand of shaver will be good for your skin type and style expectations. Furthermore, buying an electric razor fairly also depends on factors such as individual expectations and shaving habits. Does all this sound messy to you?
If you have come this far, let me help you!!
I have compiled this list of the best electric shavers for you to choose from. As a matter of fact, let’s first understand the different types of electrical shavers.
In this Article
- Types of electrical shavers
- Two main types of electrical shaver
- Rotary electric shavers
- Electrical foil shavers
- All-time top 10 best electric shavers for men
- Philips QP2525/10 OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer and Shaver
- Wahl Travel Shaver
- Philips Electric Shaver S3122/55 Shaver
- Groomiist Gold Series Shaver GS-05
- Philips AquaTouch S5420/06 Shaver
- Havells RS7005 RS7010-3 Head Rotary shaver
- Panasonic ES-SA40-K44B Single Blade Wet and Dry Men’s Shaver
- Philips AT600/15 AquaTouch Shaver Wet and Dry Electric Shaver
- AmazonBasics Cordless Electric Shaver for Men
- Groomiist Copper Series One blade Hybrid Trimmer and Shaver CS- 1BXL
- How to choose an Electric Shaver for your skin types?
- How to choose an electric shaver
Types of electrical shavers
Basically there are two different types of electrical shavers. Below, I have explained them very well for a beginner or the ones who are going to shop for an electric shaver for the first time. If you know already about them then you can skip this section and move over to the list of best electric shavers, but if you’re not aware of it then one must read this before buying an electric shaver.
An electrical razor or shaver doesn’t require the use of shaving cream or lubricant as well as water or soap. The electrical shaver has an oscillating blade and is usually powered by a small direct current motor which is either operated by battery or electric mains. And the newly arrived electric shaver “modern ones” are usually powered by rechargeable batteries.
Two main types of electrical shaver
Rotary electric shavers
This type of shavers have a distinct design thus they’re easily recognizable. They commonly have three or four rotating heads, just as the name and they’re proven to be good for those who want to get rid of complete facial hairs on a regular basis.
These shavers have undoubtedly proved to be effective for those individuals whose hairs grow faster than most people. As the design of the shavers, one should remember to move it in a circular motion so that it completely covers your face thoroughly. Why circular motion? Because it lifts hair away from the face so that the rotating components cut them inside.
Selection advice: if you want to buy a rotary electric shaver that satisfies your need without giving much effort then you should get one with a rotatable head. As it is perfectly designed to get hairs in the small nooks and crannies on your face.
- Rotary shavers are best for the fast growing facial hairs.
- Works well on unevenly grown hairs in several directions.
- Easily get rid of thick breads and Neckbeards.
- Individuals have to be careful while using it, if you’re careful when operating the rotary shaver, you might irritate your skin causing bruises or rashes.
- Avoid pressing the head of the shaver into your skin, if you’ve sensitive skin.
- If you want to style your beard into sideburns and mutton chops, you should better use a manual razor, since the circular motion of a rotary shaver isn’t designed for conductive precision beard styling.
Electrical foil shavers
This type of shaver has a thin layer of foil that covers its oscillating blades. Due to two reasons – first, it helps lift the hair away from the skin so it can be cut precisely. And second, to avoid harm during the shave, a uniquely limited blade on the skin contact allows for the electric foil shaver to not irritate and cut the sensitive skin. Hence, as we see it is a much more convenient alternative to the electric rotary shaver.
Selection advice: this electrical foil shaver usually comes with three or four blade options, and the four blades shaves neatly and faster than a three blade shaver. It is designed to provide a closer shave due to its unique mechanism where multiple blades hair goes over a single hair follicle in quick flow. Unlike, rotary shaver you can just use it in linear motion and normally shave.
- Gives a very close shave and allows much better shave compared to rotary shaver.
- It causes less irritation after shaving.
- Allows a more precise shave.
- Without a pivoting head it’ll be hard to shave.
- Cannot move in a circular motion.
- Risk of cutting or bruising parts of face, if you have an angular or slight spherical face structure.
All-time top 10 best electric shavers for men
“A man without an electrical shaver is like a king without a crown”, well did I say too much? Anyways, I understand that men can be very particular about their electric shavers, buying the best electric shaver is totally dependent on personal choice.
In the meantime, let’s now discuss the best modern electric shavers available for men in the market.
Philips QP2525/10 OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer and Shaver
If you’re a man who values time more than money. I highly recommend this revolutionary new hybrid tool that gets done multiple things with its unique OneBlade technology. It can style, trim and shave your beard and moustache while leaving the skin feeling soft and fresh.
Engineers have designed it precisely for men with sensitive skin types, but it is also proven to be a great option for all men. As it comes with unique dual protection systems as a protective plate on top of the cutter which prevents the blade from touching skin. It is run by a rechargeable battery which delivers 45 minutes of constant performance without any disturbance.
Wahl Travel Shaver
The Wahl travel shaver has never failed to keep their name on top among the electrical shavers. It has the most convenient feature of cordless use, light weight, small in size which can easily fit in a pocket.
Hence, it is especially designed for travellers around the world to help you get a clean shave effortlessly. It is famous for its long known legacy for its precise shaving technology with its 0.4 precision cutting length, which gives a fine sharp and crisp finishing to your skin leaving it feeling smooth and irritation free.
It is equipped with sharp blades which cut hair from the base and has a self-adjusting foil that adjusts according to the face shape that prevents the skin from the sharp blades. You can use this shaver without shaving foam.
Philips Electric Shaver S3122/55 Shaver
The Philips electric shaver comes with 5D pivot and flex heads that reach your face at the ideal angle and adjust to the curves of your face and neck, creating a smooth contact with your skin, resulting in a perfectly clean shave. It is waterproof which gives you the leverage to use it in the shower with gel or foam and also a great option for dry shaving.
It is equipped with rounded blade caps that shield 27 self-sharpening blades which provides a gentle hair cut just above the skin level. You can use it for maintaining your moustache and trimming your side burn. Its best feature is that it can be used for 55 minutes straight after a 1 hour charge.
Groomiist Gold Series Shaver GS-05
The Groomiist Gold Series O5 electric shaver with its 2 in 1 “shaver and trimmer, a Pop-Up version “with its smarts looks has triple independent floating heads. It comes with hidden Japanese technology in the form of self-sharpening blades that prevent nicks and cuts resulting in smooth and effortless clean shave.
Furthermore, it has washable IPX6 which is 100% water proof, and can be used for both wet and dry shaving and trimming. It has a fascinating and convenient Dual Charging feature via USB or Mains, lasting for 45 minutes cordless with a 90 minutes of charging.
Philips AquaTouch S5420/06 Shaver
The Philips Aquatouch S5420/06 has an iconic MultiPrecision blade system with a rounded head profile that glides smoothly over your skin protecting from nicks and cuts. It protects 10X better versus a regular razor or blades.
Certainly, it is honoured with Aquatic Wet and dry seal, which is why it can be used for both dry shave and wet shave with gel and foam even under the shower. The rechargeable battery lasts upto 45 minutes with a 1 hour charge.
Havells RS7005 RS7010-3 Head Rotary shaver
The Havells 3 head rotary shaver with its 3D floating veneer system helps you get a smoother and faster shave even in neck and jawline. It is very convenient and the automatic grinding blades ensure continuous and long lasting blade sharpness. It has the longest lasting rechargeable battery which gives 6+ shaving sessions in one full charge.
In addition it has Ipx7 waterproof system for both wet and dry use. It has the unique Built-in pop trimmer design is perfect for trimming of sideburn and moustache. It’s double ring circular blade feature gives precise and guided smoother and faster shave, which brings out the best in you.
Panasonic ES-SA40-K44B Single Blade Wet and Dry Men’s Shaver
The Panasonic men’s shaver is finely designed to provide precise and effortless shaving experience. It’s feature which provides multi things done with a single blade tool. The provided slide-up trimmer can be used to shape moustache, trim beards and get a smooth and gorgeous look after shaving.
Being light weight makes it portable and travel friendly. Apart from this, this shaver consists of an integrated rechargeable battery which offers you nearly 21 minutes of shaving when fully charged. Like any other electric shavers it can also be used for both dry and wet shaving and trimming. Its waterproof design allows you to wash the whole unit without any problem.
Philips AT600/15 AquaTouch Shaver Wet and Dry Electric Shaver
The Philips At600/15 AquaTouch shaver has changed the men’s world, like in many ways. Its feature being 100% waterproof comes along with a 2 year of guarantee and can be used anywhere along with your favourite foam and gel. It’s very convenient and easy to use, this cordless shaver last upto 30+ minutes after charging it for 10 hours.
This device is easy to wash and clean as it is waterproof, simply pop up the heads open and wash it under the tap water. And last but not least, it is skin friendly and gives a quick refreshing shave. Undoubtedly, the Philips AquaTouch electric shaver should become a part of your everyday list.
AmazonBasics Cordless Electric Shaver for Men
The AmazonBasics Cordless Electric shaver for men is designed to give you a smooth hassle-free grooming experience. Its feature of 360 Degree triple rotary shaver with floating head helps you to shave tricky places like sideburn and under the nose effortlessly. It comes with a host of handy features like working indicator, led display power indicator for added convenience.
The feature which outshines this device is its High-speed motor which shaves faster and effortlessly every time. It is accompanied with durable battery which one hour charged power lasts upto 45 minutes straight cordless shaving with a compact fully washable body. Lithium-ion batteries can be easily charged using an adapter or USB.
Groomiist Copper Series One blade Hybrid Trimmer and Shaver CS- 1BXL
The Groomiist Copper OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer and Shaver is especially designed for men who prefer facial styles and love growing beards. Its uniquely designed sharp detachable stainless-steel dual –sided blade makes it possible to catch and cut hairs easily. It trims and shaves, while leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth, so no fear of cuts.
This shaver comes with quick charge, which outshines it from any other electrical trimmer and shaver, 1.5 hours of cordless usage time with just a charge time of 2 hours. And in addition, the powerful Lithium-ion integrated battery ensures you don’t run out of charge in the middle of your trimming or shaving session. Amazing? Isn’t it.
It is waterproof for both dry and wet usage, you can simply wash the attachments under the running tap water. And it has been proven to be perfect for removing unwanted hair from all body areas, such as chest areas, armpits and even the sensitive areas.
How to choose an Electric Shaver for your skin types?
- In Case of Mature skin one must understand this following factors:
- Which brand or device are you currently using? How are you using it? Do you prefer a powerful but gentle foil shaver? Do you like to shave wet or dry? Understanding your personal preferences is the first step in finding the right one for you.
- Rechargeable or corded, which one do you prefer? Remembering and recharging the cordless shavers will be problematic for old age gentlemen’s, but buying the right cordless shavers like the one with more battery durability and fast shaver can save a lot of your time.
- Do you want a convenient and easily maintainable shaver? And your hair type?
- If you have a sensitive skin and have been suffering from irritation and bruises after shaving? You must first understand the following factors before buying any kind of shavers and trimmers.
- Sharp blades. One of the most suitable elements for sensitive skin, dull blades usually cause the razor to pull the hairs and skin gets bruised. Beyond doubt one must use gentle and fast electric shaver with quality blades like example “Philips AquaTouch S5420/06 Shaver”
- Rotary vs Foil shavers. I will recommend Foil shavers as they’re more convenient in case of sensitive skin. Since, some rotary shavers have a tendency to pull and pluck the hairs and cause constant pain and irritation.
How to choose an electric shaver
Buying for the first time or upgrading from an old to new model of electric shavers, choosing between the vast variations of models available in the market can be overwhelming.
But relax!! I’ll help you to understand which are the features that are most important, rotary or Foil? Wet or Dry? Corded or Rechargeable?
- Brand. Undoubtedly there are various brands that you might get confused over, but when it comes to shaving a part of your face, which is so much more valuable. I recommend you to go for the best brands. Like Philips, Panasonic, Havells etc.
- Foil vs Rotary. Foil shavers if you have thinner, shorter beard and expect to achieve clean save every day. Rotary shavers if you are a gentleman with a slightly longer beard and who doesn’t want to shave every day.
- Charging. Electric shavers come in both corded and rechargeable. If you’re a frequent traveller then rechargeable with durable battery power would be a better choice.
- Wet vs Dry. Dry shaving is easy and superfast compared to wet shaving. Moreover, branded electric shavers come in with both wet and dry features.
- Budget. Every electrical shaver has almost the same set of features but the thing which you should keep in mind is “quality over price”, spend more to save more. Choose the best quality shaver which will reduce your hassle and will require less maintenance.